Preventive Measures Self Guided Online Course
|Item # DL057|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online course covers the key life safety preventive measures used in health care occupancies. Non-fire hazards such as electric power loss and electric shock are potentially as catastrophic as fire, if not properly considered in design, planning and maintenance.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Define Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 Essential Electrical Systems and their subsystems
- Define "short circuit coordination" and describe its importance
- Outline requirements for maintenance and testing
- Describe the four basic principles of electric shock prevention
- Describe methods for preventing ignition of combustible materials
- List and describe the four increasing levels of fire resistance rating as ways of limiting the spread of fire and smoke
- Describe three methods of containing known hazards
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: hospital engineers, hospital facility managers, hospital safety directors, risk managers, nursing home safety directors, architects, designers, and health care facility consultants.
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|