2014 NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Conductor Sizing Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL025|
Without leaving your desk, you can learn the methods for properly selecting a conductor using today's National Electrical Code®.
Developed by electrical experts, the NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code (NEC®) Conductor Sizing Self-Guided Online Course addresses the general approach to providing conductors to deliver electrical energy to electrical equipment. Lessons cover the considerations in providing a conductor that is adequate for the calculated load, will not overheat its terminations or the conductor itself, and will be compatible with proper functioning of the overcurrent device that supplies the conductor. (The selection and application of overcurrent devices for conductor protection is covered in another module in the NEC Self-Guided Online Series.)
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Apply terminal temperature limitations in selecting conductors
- Determine minimum sizes of conductors for continuous loads
- Explain the definition of Ampacity
- List the primary factors in determining the ampacity of a conductor
- Select and apply ampacity correction and adjustment factors
- Determine allowable ampacities for conductors
- Select conductors based on the three primary minimum rating requirements
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone who uses or enforces the NEC including: electrical system designers, electrical engineers, electrical contractors, safety engineers, installation and maintenance professionals, manufacturers, electrical inspectors, and project managers
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|