NFPA 501A: Standard for Fire Safety Criteria for Manufactured Home Installations, Sites, and Communities, 2013 Edition
|Item # 501A13|
Provide a solid foundation for effective fire safety for manufactured homes with the 2013 NFPA 501A.
Make sure your manufactured housing community is addressing the fire safety considerations for all residents by complying with NFPA 501A: Standard for Fire Safety Criteria for Manufactured Home Installations, Sites, and Communities. This important Standard covers the installation of manufactured homes and home sites, including accessory buildings, structures, and communities.
This document establishes the minimum criteria associated with:
- Manufactured home separations
- Setback for accessory buildings and community buildings
- Provisions related to the general fuel supply and electrical services
- Life safety and fire safety
Update to the 2013 edition and raise protection levels for people and property with changes that include:
- New chapter on emergency considerations addresses need for emergency plans and storm shelters for areas affected by severe weather conditions.
- New requirements on community buildings, including provisions concerning site plans, fire sprinkler systems, and fire alarm systems
- New requirements on wildland interface areas including hazard assessment and qualifications for conducting structure assessments
Essential for manufacturers and AHJs, the 2013 NFPA 501A also includes an informational Annex that outlines the responsibilities of the manufactured home resident. (Softbound, 20 pp., 2013)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|