Fire Sprinkler System Components and their Usage Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL011|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2013 edition of NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems. Take one course or the entire series and learn at your own pace!*
Gain a greater understanding of acceptable types of system materials and components through this module in the updated NFPA 13 Online Course Series.
The lessons in this self-guided online training based on the 2013 NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems -- Fire Sprinkler System Components and their Usage -- provide you with a greater understanding of the acceptable types of system materials and components and address the features of each. The training also covers the installation requirements for sprinkler system components, including piping, valves, waterflow devices, hangers and braces.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Describe the factors that define a sprinkler's ability to control or extinguish a fire
- Identify the different sprinkler types
- Describe how various sprinklers, pipe, valves, and water flow devices are used in aboveground applications
- Explain the formula used to calculate the sprinkler protection area
- List the requirements for using sprinklers in a given special situation
- Identify common factors influencing hanger installation
- Explain the principles of earthquake protection
- Describe the most common key issues for seismic bracing
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing water-based fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The six modules in the 2013 NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
- Introduction to NFPA 13 and Occupancy Hazard Classifications Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler System Types and Applications Self-Guided Online Course
- Water Supplies and Design Approaches for Fire Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course
- Working Plans, Hydraulic Calculations, and System Acceptance Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler System Components and their Usage Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler Protection for Storage Self-Guided Online Course
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|