NFPA 20: Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection Self-Guided Online Course - For Customer Portal Subscribers
|Item # OL019FPR|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2013 edition of NFPA 20: Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection. Take one course or the series and learn at your own pace!*
Learn the basics about stationary fire pumps and NFPA 20 provisions -- without leaving your desk!
Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection, NFPA®'s new self-paced online course, provides participants with a high-level overview of the purpose of a fire pump, the types of fire pumps available, and fire pump performance characteristics. Based on the 2013 edition of NFPA 20: Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection, the course also examines drivers and controllers for their use with fire pumps, along with parameters for selecting the best driver to meet the needs of a given situation.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- State the purpose of fire pumps
- Differentiate between the four types of centrifugal fire pumps
- List the requirements for fire pump performance
- Identify acceptable water sources for fire pumps
- State the relationship between system demand and fire pump performance
- List the three considerations when selecting fire pump drivers
- Describe acceptable power supply arrangements for electric motor drivers
- Define "Normal Power" and "Reliable Power"
- State the basic requirements for diesel engine drivers
- State the purpose of controllers
Who Will Benefit:
Sprinkler system engineers, designers, plan reviewers, installers, maintenance personnel, inspectors, manufacturers, and insurers
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The two modules in the 2013 NFPA 20: Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection Self-Guided Online Course Series include: