2014 NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code® (NEC®): General Installation Requirements Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL024|
This new online course makes it easy to improve your understanding of NEC® rules that apply to most electrical installations.
The lessons in the 2014 NFPA 70® National Electrical Code®: General Installation Requirements Self-Guided Online Course in the NEC Self-Guided Online Series cover some of the most widely applicable installation requirements in the NEC. These are code requirements that apply to all or nearly all electrical installations for power and lighting circuits and distribution equipment. Some of these rules can be modified for the special occupancies, special equipment, or special conditions of Chapters 5 and 6, and although some of those modifications will be noted, this self-paced module concentrates on the general requirements that apply to all electrical installations and the rules that cover the proper selection and use of wiring methods.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Describe NEC general requirements for the execution of work
- Describe the purposes of enclosures
- Describe NEC requirements for marking and labeling
- Describe NEC conductor identification requirements
- Describe requirements for working space and dedicated space and differentiate between them
- List the requirements for entrance to and egress from equipment working space
- Distinguish between service conductors, feeders, and branch circuits
- Describe methods of determining types of circuits
- Explain the application and scope of Chapter 3 and Article 300
- Locate requirements for protection of wiring methods
- Explain how wiring methods are selected for suitability for the application and environment
- Locate the restrictions that apply to conductor fill in raceways
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone who uses or enforces the NEC including: electrical system designers, electrical engineers, electrical contractors, safety engineers, installation and maintenance professionals, manufacturers, electrical inspectors, and project managers
Continuing Education Credit: Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|