2013 NFPA 13: Water Supplies and Design Approaches for Fire Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL009|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2013 edition of NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems. Take one course or the entire series and learn at your own pace!*
This module in the updated NFPA 13 Online Course Series highlights water supplies and design approaches for automatic sprinkler systems.
The lessons in this self-guided online training based on the 2013 NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems -- Water Supplies and Design Approaches for Fire Sprinkler Systems -- provide you with a greater understanding of the importance of water supply and the acceptable water supplies for sprinkler systems. You'll learn about the different design approaches that are used to determine the volume of water required for sprinkler systems, as well as how to make adjustments to sprinkler areas of operation when certain conditions are present.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Differentiate between the four types of water supplies
- Calculate the water supply needed for a sprinkler system
- List the common design approaches
- Identify the steps for determining water demand when using hydraulic calculation methods
- Describe the Density/Area method for hydraulic calculations
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing water-based fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The six modules in the 2013 NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
- Introduction to NFPA 13 and Occupancy Hazard Classifications Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler System Types and Applications Self-Guided Online Course
- Water Supplies and Design Approaches for Fire Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course
- Working Plans, Hydraulic Calculations, and System Acceptance Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler System Components and their Usage Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler Protection for Storage Self-Guided Online Course
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|