2013 NFPA 20: Design and Installation of Fire Pumps Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL020|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2013 edition of NFPA 20: Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection. Take one course or the series and learn at your own pace!*
Design and Installation of Fire Pumps provides an essential introduction into NFPA 20 rules.
NFPA®'s Design and Installation of Fire Pumps Self-Guided Online Course reviews the basic installation requirements for centrifugal fire pumps -- including those related to the pump house, suction and discharge piping, and related equipment and appurtenances. Work at your own pace to learn about key provisions in the 2013 edition of NFPA 20: Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Identify the requirements for protecting fire pump equipment
- Identify design requirements for pump houses and rooms
- Define "Balanced Flow" and "Unbalanced Flow"
- Define "Laminar Flow" and "Turbulent Flow"
- Define "Pressure Maintenance Pumps"
- Identify and apply installation requirements for pump system components including suction piping, discharge piping, pressure relief valves, and waterflow test devices
- State the requirements for the acceptance testing of fire pumps
Who Will Benefit:
Sprinkler system engineers, designers, plan reviewers, installers, maintenance personnel, inspectors, manufacturers, and insurers
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The two modules in the 2013 NFPA 20: Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|