NFPA 25: Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems, 2014 Edition
|Item # 2514|
Water-based fire sprinkler protection systems comprise the bulk of commercial and residential installations. Properly inspecting, testing, and maintaining these complex systems requires close attention to mechanical details and various important provisions.
The new 2014 NFPA 25: Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems offers comprehensive guidance on maintaining suppression systems for optimum performance. Effective use of NFPA 25 reduces risk of death by 80% and average property loss by nearly 70%. In fact, 2013 NFPA 13 requires that installers leave a copy of NFPA 25 with property owners so that inspectors, building owners, and facility managers can maximize protection.
Inspection, testing, and maintenance regimes covered by NFPA 25 include evaluation techniques such as:
- Fire sprinkler inspections
- Valve status tests
- Internal piping assessments
- Fire pump operating tests
- Fire pump flow tests
- Forward-flow tests for back-flow preventers
- Risk assessment and performance-based testing programs
- Preparing preplanned impairment reports, hydrant flushing, and testing
Learn about the latest provisions in the new 2014 NFPA 25:
- Updated fire pump operating test-frequency rules
- New fuel-supply testing procedures for diesel-driven fire pumps
- Modified definition of "sprinkler system" for consistency with NFPA 13
- Clarification about inspecting the insides of sprinkler pipes
- An expanded scope that includes water-mist systems
- The addition of valve status testing to ensure water is reaching the sprinkler system
Ongoing water-based fire protection system maintenance is far less costly than having to replace entire systems. And ensuring function and performance of sprinkler systems is especially important for protection of life and property.
To stay compliant with NFPA 25 and meet the highest national standards of fire and electrical safety, order your copy today. (Softbound, 136 pp., 2014)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|