Introduction to Fire Pumps Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # DL038|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online course covers the fundamentals of effective fire pump system design and installation. A properly designed and maintained fire pump is an important part of a water supply for a facility. Building owners rely on fire pumps to protect buildings, business continuance, and a company's good standing in society.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain the difference in water supplies
- List and explain the two broad categories of pumps: centrifugal and positive displacement
- Define key terms, including horizontal split case, in-line pump, and vertical turbine
- Explain pump capacities and components
- List and explain types of fire pump controllers, including engine driven and electric
- Explain inspection, testing and maintenance requirements
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|