2007 Changes to NFPA 72®, Module 3 Self Guided Online Course
|Item # DL013|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online course covers changes to NFPA 72® Chapter 5 -- "Initiating Devices." Other courses cover the changes made to other chapters in the Code. The modern fire alarm system has evolved into an emergency management system capable of monitoring and controlling a wide array of systems and functions.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain the requirements of a new Code section concerning mass notification systems.
- Identify changes to requirements for:
- Partial, selective and non-required detector coverage
- Heat detector marking to reflect the detector's response time index (RTI)
- Smoke detector spacing on level ceilings
- How floor mounted partitions are considered for the spacing of heat and smoke detectors
- Video image detection
- Fire extinguisher monitoring devices
- Smoke detection for door release service
- Mass notification systems
- Explain the new distinction between detection devices required by a code or AHJ, and detection placed at the desire of an owner
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|