Fire Alarm Plans and Code Requirements Self Guided Online Course
|Item # DL033|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online course covers standards and codes that outline regulatory requirements for fire alarm systems. Understanding how to maneuver through the world of codes and standards is critical in determining the requirements for the design and installation of fire alarm systems.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Identify specific plan symbols used in the development of architectural and fire alarm drawings
- Understand and explain common construction terms found on drawings and in specifications
- Define key terms, including joists, beams. columns, truss, and authority having jurisdiction
- Explain how obstructions impact the placement of fire detection devices
- Explain the purpose of NFPA 170
- Explain the purpose for model building codes
- List three documents that can be used as building codes
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|