Fire Safety for Industrial Trucks Self Guided Online Course
|Item # DL052|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online course covers forklifts and other powered industrial trucks that can be sources of warehouse fires. The course describes trucks by fuel type and hazard classification, discusses refueling and maintenance issues, and addresses the fire safety issues that surround the operation of these industrial trucks.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain how different types of warehouses require different types of trucks
- List the six types of fuels used by trucks
- Describe the unique fire hazards associated with each truck
- Understand the leading causes of fire during refueling
- List the "Best Practices" to be followed when refueling
- Understand establishing and maintaining a safe refueling area
- List the potential to damage sprinkler systems during lift truck operation
- Understand care in driving, raising, and loading stock reduces potential for damage to sprinkler systems, rack systems, heaters, lights, electrical panels, etc.
- Explain how training and barrier protection reduces potential for damage
- Understand the need to inform operators about the hazards of their cargo
- Explain how personal safety of employees is paramount
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|