Fire Alarm Fundamentals Self Guided Online Course
|Item # DLS002|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online series covers the basics of fire alarm systems. The series focuses on the wiring requirements, circuit design, power supplies, and detector appliances outlined in NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm Code®.
These modules are included in the series:
- Fire Alarm System Functions
- Introduction to Initiating Devices
- Heat Detectors
- NEC® Requirements
- Basic Circuit Design
- Basic Signal and Circuit Means
- Power Supplies
- Smoke Detectors
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Distinguish between the different types of alarm system functions, components, and power supplies, and smoke detectors; and, identify the NEC requirements for fire alarm systems.
- Explain how fire alarm system signals are transmitted, list the different types of signals and describe how the integrity of the signaling system and the fire alarm system as a whole is maintained.
- List and explain the devices used to initiate signals in a fire alarm system, including manual fire alarm boxes, smoke detectors, heat detectors, flame detectors, sprinkler waterflow detectors, switches indicating actuation of fire suppression systems, valve supervisory devices, pressure supervisory devices, and level supervisory devices.
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire alarm systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.
Successfully complete all eight modules and earn .8 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course series, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|