2012 NFPA 70E®: Electrical Hazard Analysis Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL004|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2012 edition of NFPA 70E®: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®. Take one course or the entire series and learn at your own pace!*
Lives depend on your ability to apply NFPA 70E to conduct an accurate electrical hazard analysis and determine safe approach boundaries.
This self-paced online course addresses the requirements and methods in the 2012 NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace for analyzing the hazards and risks of work that involves exposure to electrical hazards.
Electrical Hazard Analysis -- Course 4 in the NFPA 70E Online Course Series -- consists of two lessons that cover the assessment of arc flash hazards and electrical shock hazards. This analysis becomes the basis for selection of appropriate safe work practices including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as covered in other courses.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Identify the information needed for shock hazard analysis
- Determine the approach boundaries surrounding energized equipment and circuit parts
- Determine the restrictions on personnel working within or near the three approach boundaries
- Identify the information needed and the methods permitted for arc flash hazard analysis
- Explain methods and the basis for selection of personal protective equipment and determining the arc flash boundary
- Explain the importance of clearing time in arc flash hazard analysis
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone concerned with electrical safety including: electrical engineers, safety managers, electricians, electrical contractors, plant managers, facility maintenance personnel, electrical inspectors, risk managers, and project managers.
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The six modules in the 2012 NFPA 70E Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|