Fire Sprinkler System Types and Applications Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL008|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2013 edition of NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems. Take one course or the entire series and learn at your own pace!*
This module in the updated NFPA 13 Online Course Series takes an in-depth look at fire sprinkler system types and applications.
The lessons in this self-guided online training based on the 2013 NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems -- Fire Sprinkler System Types and Applications -- present a general overview of NFPA 13's Chapter 7: System Requirements and the associated Annex material, as well as take a more extensive look at the applications for wet and dry systems. The training also introduces you to the other types of sprinkler systems, such as preaction, deluge, and specialty systems. Finally, you'll learn about the four major considerations that are used to decide what type of system is best.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Identify the four most commonly used system types
- List the characteristics of wet pipe systems
- List the characteristics of dry pipe systems
- Describe the three types of preaction systems
- Cite examples of when a deluge system should be used
- Describe the properties of anti-freeze systems
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing water-based fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The six modules in the 2013 NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
- Introduction to NFPA 13 and Occupancy Hazard Classifications Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler System Types and Applications Self-Guided Online Course
- Water Supplies and Design Approaches for Fire Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course
- Working Plans, Hydraulic Calculations, and System Acceptance Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler System Components and their Usage Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler Protection for Storage Self-Guided Online Course
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|