2013 NFPA 13: Working Plans, Hydraulic Calculations, and System Acceptance Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL010|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2013 edition of NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems. Take one course or the entire series and learn at your own pace!*
Grasp the critical importance of working plans, hydraulic calculations, and system acceptance through this module in the NFPA 13 Online Course Series.
The lessons in this self-guided online training based on the 2013 NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems -- Working Plans, Hydraulic Calculations, and System Acceptance -- provide you with a greater understanding of the importance of working plans, hydraulic calculations, and the requirements for working plans and hydraulic calculations to be approved.
You'll learn about the items that must be contained in the working plans, including the piping layout, fittings, sprinklers, valves, hangers, braces, and test connections. These lessons also cover basic hydraulic principles such as remote areas, elevation pressure, equivalent lengths, and friction loss. Lastly, the training provides you with the opportunity to become familiar with system acceptance requirements, including an overview of the acceptance tests that must be completed for all sprinkler systems.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- List the minimum requirements for working plans
- Describe the three system configurations
- Explain the three impacts on system pressure
- Calculate the minimum flow needed for a single sprinkler
- Describe the three factors affecting friction loss
- Explain the concept of "hydraulically remote area"
- Describe the purpose of the acceptance test
- Explain the role of the installing contractor
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing water-based fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this module and qualify for .1 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The six modules in the 2013 NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
- Introduction to NFPA 13 and Occupancy Hazard Classifications Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler System Types and Applications Self-Guided Online Course
- Water Supplies and Design Approaches for Fire Sprinkler Systems Self-Guided Online Course
- Working Plans, Hydraulic Calculations, and System Acceptance Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler System Components and their Usage Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Sprinkler Protection for Storage Self-Guided Online Course
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|