2013 NFPA 72®: Initiating Devices Online Program Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL014|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2013 edition of NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code. Take one course or the entire series and learn at your own pace!*
Based on the 2013 NFPA 72®, the new Initiating Devices Online Course introduces how to select and use basic fire alarm system initiating devices.
In this field, a working knowledge of fire alarm initiating devices is critical! Part of the 2013 NFPA 72 Self-Guided Online Course Series, this new Initiating Devices course addresses the devices used to manually or automatically signal a fire alarm system to initiate responses from equipment and people. Self-paced training developed by experts in NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code covers the most common types of initiating devices and their operating features -- providing you with an understanding of how to properly select and apply basic fire alarm initiating devices.
Work at your own pace online to learn about manual fire alarm boxes, heat detectors, smoke detectors, waterflow switches, and valve tamper switches. The training also introduces the concepts of initiating device spacing and location.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Describe the general types of initiating devices
- Identify the most common manual and automatic initiating devices used for building fire alarm systems
- State the location and spacing rules for manual fire alarm boxes
- Identify the requirements for smoke and heat detector spacing
- Calculate heat detector spacing based on ceiling height
- Apply correction factors for spacing smoke detectors on non-smooth ceilings
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire alarm systems, including: designers, installers, electrical contractors, architects, auditors, and project managers
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The six modules in the 2013 NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
- Fire Alarm Basics Self-Guided Online Course
- Initiating Devices Self-Guided Online Course
- Notification Appliances Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Alarm Circuits Self-Guided Online Course
- Off-Premises Signaling Self-Guided Online Course
- Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems Self-Guided Online Course
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|