2013 NFPA 72®: Fire Alarm Circuits Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL016|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2013 edition of NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code. Take one course or the entire series and learn at your own pace!*
Here's your comprehensive introduction to fire alarm circuits, fire alarm power circuits, and today's NFPA 72® and NEC® rules.
A key component of the 2013 NFPA 72 Self-Guided Online Course Series, Fire Alarm Circuits covers the various types of circuits used for fire detection and alarm systems. Working online at your own pace, you'll learn about the three basic fire alarm circuits that are used to connect initiating devices and notification appliances to fire alarm control units and that are used to interconnect different control units in the same system. Curriculum based on the latest NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code covers control circuits that are used to trigger other emergency control functions.
The Fire Alarm Circuits course also addresses fire alarm power circuits, which can provide power to certain types of detectors, relays, or other devices. A key characteristic of fire alarm power circuits is that the power is derived from the fire alarm system itself. For this reason, fire alarm power circuits are covered by the same section of NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code® (NEC®) governing basic fire alarm circuits. Circuits that provide primary AC power are not considered fire alarm power circuits.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Identify the basic types of circuits
- Recognize how different circuit types operate under various conditions
- Identify the characteristics of Class A, B, C, D, E, and X circuits
- Recognize how layout and installation factors affect circuit performance
- Identify the circuit survivability levels
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire alarm systems, including: designers, installers, electrical contractors, architects, auditors, and project managers
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The six modules in the 2013 NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
- Fire Alarm Basics Self-Guided Online Course
- Initiating Devices Self-Guided Online Course
- Notification Appliances Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Alarm Circuits Self-Guided Online Course
- Off-Premises Signaling Self-Guided Online Course
- Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems Self-Guided Online Course
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|