2013 NFPA 72®: Off Premised Signaling Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL017|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
NFPA® has created a series of online courses on the 2013 edition of NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code. Take one course or the entire series and learn at your own pace!*
Learn about off-premises fire alarm and emergency system monitoring and reporting in accordance with the 2013 NFPA 72®.
NFPA®'s self-paced online course, Off-Premises Signaling, shows how supervising station alarm systems and public emergency alarm reporting systems are used to monitor building fire alarm and signaling systems at off-premises locations. You'll understand how these systems assure timely notification and provide specific information to individuals or organizations that will take action upon receipt of the signals.
Learn the key differences between systems, how systems are used, and which NFPA codes and standards apply.
Communications technologies used by public emergency alarm reporting systems differ from those used by supervising station alarm systems and are addressed by a separate chapter in NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code. In addition, facilities that receive signals from a public emergency alarm reporting system fall under NFPA 1221: Standard for the Installation, Maintenance, and Use of Emergency Services Communications Systems.
NFPA's Off-Premises Signaling Course covers all types of systems and introduces the different types of transmitters and communications methods permitted for supervising station alarm systems. General requirements for system performance, management, and use are also covered.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Identify the different types of off-premises signaling systems and cite general requirements associated with them
- Identify the characteristics and requirements of central station service alarm systems, proprietary supervising station alarm systems, remote supervising station alarm systems, and public emergency alarm reporting systems
- Describe the communications methods associated with supervising station alarm systems
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire alarm systems, including: designers, installers, electrical contractors, architects, auditors, and project managers
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
*The six modules in the 2013 NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code Self-Guided Online Course Series include:
- Fire Alarm Basics Self-Guided Online Course
- Initiating Devices Self-Guided Online Course
- Notification Appliances Self-Guided Online Course
- Fire Alarm Circuits Self-Guided Online Course
- Off-Premises Signaling Self-Guided Online Course
- Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems Self-Guided Online Course
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|