2013 NFPA 654 Hazard Control Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL031|
Learn how to locate and apply NFPA 654 requirements to effectively control dust hazards and guard against fire and explosions.
This new NFPA 654 Hazard Control Online Course will enable you to apply the 2013 NFPA 654: Standard for the Prevention of Fire and Dust Explosions from the Manufacturing, Processing, and Handling of Combustible Particulate Solids to address the hazards of combustible dusts. You'll be prepared to locate and implement the requirements for facility and systems design, process equipment, dust control, ignition sources, and fire protection.
All courses in the NFPA 654 Self-Guided Online Course Series will provide you with a greater understanding of the fire and explosion hazards posed by combustible dust wherever combustible particulate solids are stored, handled, or used. The identification and evaluation of combustible dust hazards are covered in other modules in the NFPA 654 Online Series.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Locate requirements in NFPA 654
- Describe the scope and structure of NFPA 654
- Describe general requirements outlined in NFPA 654 Chapter 4
- Identify performance-based design options outlined in NFPA 654 Chapter 5
- Describe facility and systems design requirements outlined in NFPA 654 Chapter 6
- Describe process equipment requirements outlined in NFPA 654 Chapter 7
- Describe fugitive dust control and housekeeping requirements outlined in NFPA 654 Chapter 8
- Describe ignition source requirements outlined in NFPA 654 Chapter 9
- Describe fire protection requirements outlined in NFPA 654 Chapter 10
- Describe relevant requirements outlined in NFPA 68 and NFPA 69
Who Will Benefit:
Engineers/Designers, Manufacturers, Loss Control/Risk/Safety Specialists, Facilities Managers, Insurers, Enforcers
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|