2015 NFPA 70E®: Personal Protective Equipment Self-Guided Online Course
|Item # OL036|
Understand the importance of adequate Personal Protective Equipment and how the 2015 NFPA 70E® helps you choose the right PPE for the job.
Arc flash is immediate and can happen without touching live components. This self-paced online course covers the general requirements in the 2015 NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace® for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and arc-rated clothing -- including how to select PPE for the specific hazards involved with various tasks.
Personal Protection Equipment -- Course 5 in the updated 2015 NFPA 70E Online Course Series -- consists of three lessons on the requirements for selection and use of arc-rated clothing as well as the selection and use of other PPE for protection from arc flash and shock hazards.
An introduction to electrical safety and the 2015 NFPA 70E, establishing an electrically safe work condition, working while exposed to electrical hazards, electrical hazard analysis, and safety-related maintenance and special equipment are covered in other modules in the Series.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain the intent and limitations of PPE prescribed by NFPA 70E
- Outline the selection criteria for PPE for both shock and arc flash hazards
- Explain the requirements for other clothing worn over or under arc-rated protective clothing
- Explain the characteristics of and requirements for PPE suitable for different types of work on electrical circuit parts
- Identify the requirements for selecting tools and other insulated or insulating PPE for work on energized electrical equipment
- Outline the other requirements such as safety-related maintenance and testing of PPE that are provided by NFPA 70E
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone concerned with electrical safety including: electrical engineers, safety managers, electricians, electrical contractors, plant managers, facility maintenance personnel, electrical inspectors, risk managers, and project managers.
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this course and qualify for .1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|