2013 NFPA 654: Prevention of Fire and Dust Explosions from the Manufacturing, Processing, and Handling of Combustible Particulate Solids Self-Guided Online Course Series
|Item # OLS007|
Get an online introduction to the serious fire and explosion hazards posed by combustible dust and how to use NFPA 654 correctly.
Work at your own pace, on your own time, to learn about the fundamental principles of the solids combustion process and how to apply NFPA 654 to effectively identify and mitigate hazards. Based on the 2013 edition of NFPA 654: Prevention of Fire and Dust Explosions from the Manufacturing, Processing, and Handling of Combustible Particulate Solids, this 3-module Self-Guided Online Course Series gives you a greater understanding of the fire and explosion hazards posed by combustible dust wherever combustible particulate solids are stored, handled, or used. The series is developed by fire protection experts at NFPA®, the code source.
Three modules are included in the series:
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Identify OSHA activities related to dusts
- Identify where combustible dusts can be found
- Describe the dangers of combustible dusts
- Define combustible dusts
- Describe the properties and characteristics of hybrid mixtures
- Describe basic dust explosion principles
- Describe basic dust fire and explosion hazard control options
- Identify regulations and the safety management systems they require for dust hazard management
- Describe the scope and structure of NFPA 654
- Describe general requirements outlined in NFPA 654 Chapter 4
- Identify performance-based design options outlined in NFPA 654 Chapter 5
Who Will Benefit:
Engineers/Designers, Manufacturers, Loss Control/Risk/Safety Specialists, Facilities Managers, Insurers, Enforcers
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete all 3 online modules and earn .3 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|