NFPA 1561: Standard on Emergency Services Incident Management System and Command Safety, 2014 Edition
|Item # 156114|
Train emergency responder teams to work safely by implementing the National Incident Management System with NFPA 1561.
NFPA 1561: Standard on Emergency Services Incident Management System and Command Safety establishes the framework for emergency service organizations using the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
The new edition of NFPA 1561 can help fire departments, law enforcement agencies and other entities enhance the safety of emergency responders and others on the scene. Structure and aircraft fires, highway accidents, emergency medical service (EMS) calls, and active shooter scenes are among the incidents covered by this document.
Last updated in 2008, the 2014 edition of NFPA 1561 includes important additions, such as:
- The minimum certification level required by EMS personnel to provide emergency care at an incident
- Clarification that if any Incident Command System (ICS) position is vacant at an incident, then the incident commander shall assume ICS responsibilities
- Requirements to ensure that an Incident Safety Officer (ISO) responds to every incident -- and that an incident commander can appoint one to respond if necessary
- Requirements that must be met by those serving in Safety Officer (SO) positions and in assistant SO positions
This edition of NFPA 1561 also explains how to:
- Implement and use the National Incident Management System within your emergency services organization.
- Ensure the incident commander applies the requirements of this standard to every incident.
- Assign the correct colored vests to the appropriate command positions and other tips on the logistics of managing an incident.
Now more than ever, the emergency management industry is focusing on reducing fatalities and injuries among emergency responders. Make sure your organization is enacting the proper measures to keep them safe by getting your copy of NFPA 1561. (Softbound, 56 pp., 2014)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|