NFPA 1851: Standard on Selection, Care, and Maintenance of Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting, 2014 Edition
|Item # 185114|
Promote fire fighter safety. Update to the 2014 NFPA 1851 and make sure protective ensembles are ready to save lives on the fire ground.
NFPA 1851: Selection, Care, and Maintenance of Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting safeguards lives on the line by providing essential guidance needed to select appropriate protective ensembles and care for and maintain them correctly.
From coats, helmets, shrouds and hoods to trousers, gloves, and footwear elements, you'll learn the answers to important questions such as:
- How long can ensemble elements be used?
- How often do they have to be inspected?
- What entities are authorized to do inspection, cleaning, decontamination, and repair?
- When do I need the services of a verified ISP?
Changes to the 2014 edition clarify the functions of entities performing fire fighter ensemble element inspection, cleaning, and repair, including:
- Definition of a verified independent service provider specifies verified ISP functions and the levels required for training.
- New table in Chapter 4 on the responsibilities of these organizations spells out which entities can perform these functions.
Mitigate risks and increase safety in an inherently dangerous occupation.
Protect department members on the job. Order your copy of the 2014 NFPA 1851 now! (Softbound, 55 pp., 2014)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|