NFPA®'s How to Prevent Falls for Older Adults Brochures teaches seniors and their families how to safeguard against falls and the injuries they cause.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report falls as the leading cause of death from unintentional injury among older adults. NFPA's new How to Prevent Falls for Older Adults Brochures explain how they can avoid dying or being injured by following a few simple steps.
Full-color photographs and easy-to-read text present eight Remembering When™ tips to help keep older adults safe:
- Exercise regularly to build strength and balance.
- Keep stairs clear of clutter.
- Stand and get your balance before starting to walk.
- Improve the lighting in and around your home.
- Use non-slip mats in the bathtub.
- And more!
Give older adults the know-how and awareness they need to stay safe from falls using these important public education handouts. (Adult, Package of 100)