Firestopping Self Guided Online Course Series
|Item # DLS013|
|Description||Terms & Specifications|
This self-paced online series covers the essentials of firestopping, including the applicable codes and criteria, firestopping materials, system selection, installation, and firestopping inspection.
These modules are included in the series:
- Module 1: Introduction to Firestopping and Applicable Codes
- Module 2: Firestopping Products and Materials
- Module 3: Firestop System Selection
- Module 4: Firestop Installation Methods and Instructions
- Module 5: Firestopping Inspections and Safety Considerations
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Identify the purpose of fire barriers and firestopping
- Distinguish between active and passive fire protection
- Explain the fundamental code requirements related to firestopping
- Describe standard tests that apply to firestopping products, the ratings applied to products and how firestop systems are classified in the UL Fire Resistance Directory
- Explain how to install the components of a firestop system, including caulks and sealants, collars, pillows, putty and other products.
- Perform inspections of firestopping installations during construction and upgrade projects, and periodic inspections of the fire barriers and firestopping during the life of a building.
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete all five modules to qualify for .5 CEUs. Upon successful completion of a course series, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site. Please verify applicability with your professional board before registering.
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|