Sparky®'s Get Cookin' with Fire Safety DVD
(Grades 2-6, Families, 12 min., DVD)
Sparky the Fire Dog®'s Get Cookin' with Fire Safety DVD is the perfect mix of lively entertainment and solid kitchen fire safety lessons for children.
Kids will have a blast as they tune into this engaging episode of Sparky® TV where their favorite fire dog is joined by his relatives to teach them how to stay fire safe in the kitchen. First up in Sparky®'s Get Cooking with Fire Safety DVD is Safety Scout Steve, a junior fire dog in training who interviews a real live chef to learn the rules so he can earn his kitchen fire safety merit badge. Next, the action shifts to Dude who provides comic relief as he tries to get a date at the pet store and even sings about his efforts. Little does he know that Aunt Dotty has arranged a dinner date for him, and as we watch her prepare the meal in her kitchen, she explains all about how to avoid stirring up trouble when cooking. The action concludes with a lively song from Sparky who reviews the safety messages and reminds kids that kitchen rules are your safety tools, including:
- Young children must stay at least 3 feet away from the stove.
- Only use microwave if you have a grownup's permission and your head is higher than the microwave.
- Always be careful of hot steam or hot food.
- Open containers with hot food slowly and away from your face.
- If you get a burn, put it under cool water for 3-5 minutes and get help from a grownup right away.
Order this fun-filled DVD today and make fire safety come alive at all your station open houses and community outreach activities. It has all the right ingredients to encourage kids to get cookin' with fire safety! (Grades 2-6, Families, 12 min., DVD)