On the job or preparing of the CFPS exam, trust NFPA®'s Spanish Fire Protection Handbook® for knowledge on the A-Z of fire safety!
Authoritative and comprehensive, the 19th edition Spanish FPH® provides encyclopedic coverage of the full spectrum of fire and life safety topics. No other reference matches the scope, depth, and reliability of the Fire Protection Handbook:
- Two volumes comprising more than 3,000 pages ensure that no aspect is overlooked.
- 200 chapters, including 20 new to this edition, put the latest facts at your fingertips.
- 247 authors who are leader in their fields provide trustworthy, field-tested advice.
- 14 in-depth sections organize information for fast easy data retrieval.
- Thousands of illustrations, photos, tables, and graphs deepen your understanding of essential concepts.
Here are just a few of the significant changes in this latest edition and how they benefit you on the job:
- Six new chapters dealing with water-based suppression expand your knowledge on such vital topics as sprinkler systems for storage facilities, and power supplies and controllers for motor-driven fire pumps
- A new chapter on fundamentals of safe building design details how design loads and forces, and building systems and components, impact safety in new and existing structures.
- The updated section on organizing for fire and rescue services includes new tactics for fire department commanders in added chapters on fire service training, and alternate water supplies.
- Major changes in the section on detection and alarm give fire protection designers and engineers the latest on fire alarm systems, fire alarm system interfaces, and carbon monoxide detection
Only NFPA could assemble this "who's who" of fire protection experts to bring you the "what's what" of fire and life safety. The Spanish FPH is also required for the Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) exam. (Hardbound, 3,328 pp., 2003 Spanish Edition)