NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code, 2009 Edition
|Item # 5409|
Fully revised, the 2009 NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code facilitates safer installations and better protection against fire and explosion hazards.
Up-to-date with current techniques, products, materials, and construction practices, the 2009 National Fuel Gas Code provides a more effective means of ensuring fuel gas safety on consumers' premises. Based on scores of proposals from Code users like you, it presents designers, installers, AHJs, maintainers, and inspectors of fuel gas systems in buildings with state-of-the-art criteria for the installation and operation of gas piping systems, appliances, equipment, and related accessories.
Changes in the 2009 edition that improve fuel gas safety include:
- New bonding requirement for corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) gas piping installed inside buildings protects against threats likely to energize gas piping.
- Addition of a new system of connecting copper tubing using a crimping tool for press-connect fittings
- New rule for a dedicated master shutoff valve for laboratories
- Revised requirements for connectors to radiant tube heaters prevent cracks, leaks, or fractures.
- Additional requirements for commercial cooking appliance connectors will reduce the risk of fugitive gas, potential fires, and subsequent losses.
- Revised requirements for sidewall vent termination ensure reliability and prevent nuisance shutoffs.
- New requirements that all heating boilers have a low water cutoff switch to prevent boiler failure.
Annexes provide valuable advice on sizing and capacities of gas piping, and sizing of venting systems serving appliances...checking for leakage...and emergency procedures for gas leaks. More than 100 graphics visually clarify concepts so you can correctly apply Code requirements. A new Annex provides a detailed list of all changes from the 2006 edition, with the reason for the changes. Take fuel gas hazards seriously and mitigate risks. Stay up-to-code with the 2009 NFPA 54! (Softbound, 164 pp., 2009)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|