NFPA 610: Guide for Emergency and Safety Operations at Motorsports Venues, 2009 Edition
|Item # 61009|
Boost emergency preparedness at motorsports venues with the 2009 NFPA 610!
Revised to recognize the National Incident Management System (NIMS), NFPA 610: Guide for Emergency and Safety Operations at Motorsports Venues provides racetrack owners, operators, promoters, first responders, insurers, and sanctioning agencies with comprehensive guidelines for implementing safety and emergency response strategies.
Guidelines apply to both indoor and outdoor motorsports events--at temporary or permanent facilities--with emphasis on planning and training as a means of ensuring that personnel are equipped with the appropriate resources to handle emergency situations.
The 2009 NFPA 610 reflects the use of NIMS plus other major changes:
- New method to classify events provides a better description of scalability.
- Rewritten chapter on training and competency uses a 'Knowledge, Skill, Ability' format for denoting minimum training requirements for response personnel.
- Revised chapter on PPE reflects the latest editions of applicable PPE Standards for emergency workers.
- Changes to the section on portable fire extinguishers and extinguishing agents--including added material on the agent discharge performance for dry chemical extinguishers--are based on the current NFPA 10: Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers.
- An all-new Sample Emergency Action Plan and a revised Emergency Action Plan Checklist help personnel responsible for running simple events develop a comprehensive emergency action plan.
- A new applications statement clarifies that NFPA 610 does not apply to non-motorsports events conducted at a motorsports venue.
Order the 2009 NFPA 610 to ensure readiness!
Plan ahead--make sure that emergency workers are properly trained and equipped, and that venue personnel are ready and able to deploy resources to optimize fire suppression, rescue, and medical care for competitors in post-crash situations, while also providing for the safety of first responders. Includes sample checklists and forms, plus a highly detailed sample emergency action plan. (Softbound, 58 pp., 2009)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|