NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems, 2010 Edition
|Item # 1310|
Get up-to-code with new research-based 2010 NFPA 13.
Put powerful sprinkler strategies into your toolkit with NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems -- the new best practices for system design, installation, water supplies, and equipment. Industry experts and researchers worked together to solidify new knowledge about sprinkler performance under fire conditions. The 2010 edition of NFPA 13 is current with the latest sprinkler technology, delivering scientifically-based solutions that reduce risks and fire loss.
Fire testing and studies performed by the Fire Protection Research Foundation form the basis for added criteria.
- Chapter 20 presents requirements for the protection of three new special storage arrangements:
- Carton records storage with catwalk access
- Compact shelving of commodities including paper files, magazines, books and similar documents in folders -- with no more than 5% plastics and up to 8 ft. high
- High-bay records storage
The 2010 NFPA 13 keeps your work in line with SEI/ASCE 7.
NFPA 13 adopts the SEI/ASCE 7 approach for load calculations, and new Annex E describes the process. To recognize the wide range of pipe materials used in today's systems, NFPA 13 introduces new zone-of-influence tables for Schedule 5 steel pipe, CPVC, and Type M copper tube.
Other major technical revisions and usability changes:
- New method to calculate rack shelf area takes the placement of loads into consideration.
- Information about large drop sprinklers and specific application control mode sprinklers is combined as Control Mode Specific Application (CMSA).
- Added criteria for the use of smoke vents recognize their limited use and effect on sprinkler operation.
Put the latest research and fire experience to work.
Keep pace with dynamic advancements and ensure systems are designed and installed correctly with the 2010 edition of NFPA 13. (Softbound, 414 pp., 2010)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|