NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Looseleaf, 2011 Edition
|Item # 7011LL|
Stay organized with a customized NEC® Code book: the 2011 National Electrical Code® Looseleaf from NFPA®.
Adopted in all 50 states, NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code has saved untold lives with comprehensive requirements for electrical wiring and equipment. Be prepared to safeguard people and property and avoid violations with the widely adopted 2011 NEC® edition in a Looseleaf Code book that lets you organize electrical safety code rules they way you need them on the job!
Choose the NEC Looseleaf, with a durable, 5-ring binder that makes it easy to add job-specific materials, or remove or reorganize information.
Major changes in the 2011 NEC meet consumer demand for alternate energy, green technologies, and IT equipment:
- First-time Article 694 has first-time requirements for small wind electric systems.
- Revised Article 625 includes updates on safe battery charging for plug-in hybrid vehicles that reduce the risk of explosion.
- Revised Article 705 covers interconnecting generators, windmills, and solar and fuel cells with other power supplies.
- Added Article 840 addresses the increased demand for broadband communications systems with requirements for wireless, routers, and wireless disconnects.
Added requirements focused on workplace safety include:
- Means to reduce incident energy (240.87)
- Labeling at subpanels to identify feeder supply source (408.4(B))
- Disconnecting means for transformers (450.14)
Reference first-time provisions on electrical installations over 600 volts.
Article 399 incorporates requirements for overhead distribution systems for large electrical system users, such as school or business campus settings.
The Code book's user-friendly format saves you time:
- Shading in NEC text makes changes easy to spot.
- Vertical rules indicate additions.
- Bullets show deletions.
- Index includes identifiers at the top of every page to streamline research.
Bottom line: The 2011 NEC provides industry requirements for safe electrical design, installation, and inspection. Customize your Code with the Looseleaf format.
If you're involved with electrical safety, staying up-to-code is not optional -- it's essential! The 2011 NEC Looseleaf is ideal for installers, engineers, maintenance professionals, trainers, and AHJs. (Looseleaf, 870 pp., 2011)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|