NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Softbound, 2011 Edition
|Item # 7011SB|
Technology is speeding ahead and so is the NEC®. Stay up-to-code with the 2011 National Electrical Code® direct from NFPA®.
Adopted in all 50 states, NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code has saved untold lives with comprehensive requirements for electrical wiring and equipment. When the Code advances to incorporate new technologies, you can't afford to fall behind! You need the 2011 NEC to safeguard people and property, and avoid violations.
Major changes in the 2011 NEC meet consumer demand for alternate energy, green technologies, and IT equipment:
- New Article 694 has first-time requirements for small wind electric systems.
- Revised Article 625 includes updates on safe battery charging for plug-in hybrid vehicles that reduce the risk of explosion.
- Revised Article 705 covers interconnecting generators, windmills, and solar and fuel cells with other power supplies.
- New Article 840 addresses the increased demand for broadband communications systems with requirements for wireless, routers, and wireless disconnects.
New requirements focused on workplace safety include:
- Means to reduce incident energy (240.87)
- Labeling at subpanels to identify feeder supply source (408.4(B))
- Disconnecting means for transformers (450.14)
Get first-time provisions on electrical installations over 600 volts.
New Article 399 incorporates requirements for overhead distribution systems for large electrical system users, such as school or business campus settings.
The Code's user-friendly format saves you time:
- Shading in NEC text makes changes easy to spot.
- Vertical rules indicate additions.
- Bullets show deletions.
- Index includes identifiers at the top of every page to streamline research.
Bottom line: The 2011 NEC sets a new benchmark for safe electrical design, installation, and inspection. Order your copy in the bestselling Softbound format. If you're involved with electrical safety, staying up-to-code is not optional -- it's essential! Order your Softbound Code today. (Softbound, 870 pp., 2011)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|