NFPA 30A: Code for Motor Fuel Dispensing Facilities and Repair Garages, 2012 Edition
|Item # 30A12|
Improve fire safety in service stations and repair facilities with the critical guidelines outlined in the 2012 edition of NFPA 30A.
Service stations dispensing flammable fuels can avoid serious hazards only by adhering to specialized guidelines. The 2012 NFPA 30A: Code for Motor Fuel Dispensing Facilities and Repair Garages provides the latest rules for piping, fuel dispensing systems, service stations inside buildings, and operations for retail fuel dispensing and fleet vehicle fuel dispensing.
Changes in this updated edition include:
- New 6.3.6, Inspection and Maintenance, addresses inspection, maintenance, and repair of fuel dispensing equipment, leak detection equipment, and secondary containment equipment.
- New 22.214.171.124 requires that any modification of the dispensing nozzle be either listed or be approved by the manufacturer of the nozzle.
- Amended Subsection 6.6.1 requires that all dispensing nozzles, except those used for marine fuel dispensing, have a latch-open device.
- New 126.96.36.199 requires that the circuits of gas detection systems required for repair garages be monitored for integrity in accordance with NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code.
- Revised Section 12.5, Specific Requirements for LP-Gas Dispensing Devices, eliminates a conflict with NFPA 58: Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code.
Work safely with revised Chapter 8, Electrical Installations.
Extensively revised and updated, NFPA 30A's Chapter 8 incorporates a new Table 8.3.1 that includes criteria for the Zone system for area classification, a revised drawing that depicts the extent of area classification around fuel dispensing units, and a new diagram depicting the extent of area classification around tank-mounted fuel dispensing units.
Today's NFPA 30A is an essential resource for architects and engineers involved with design and construction of motor fuel dispensing facilities, AHJs and other professionals with oversight/review authority, and facility owners and operators. (Softbound, 40 pp., 2012)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|