NFPA® Guide to Combustible Dusts, 2012 Edition
|Item # GCD11|
Authors: Walter L. Frank, P.E. and Samuel A. Rodgers, P.E.
Be proactive with the industry's first and only guide to dust hazards, the NFPA® Guide to Combustible Dusts.
Any dust event could have a devastating effect on your workers, your company, and your community -- and there are significant fines for the presence of dust hazards in any facility. Address dust safety hazards effectively with the NFPA Guide to Combustible Dusts, the vital new resource for everyone who deals with materials or processes that result in the accumulation of dust or small particles.
Written by experts, NFPA's Guide explains the best practices and techniques for analyzing and mitigating risk on the job site through:
- Clear, easy-to-understand discussion of topics and terms directly related to combustible dust standards referenced by OSHA in the 2008 National Emphasis Program (NEP) on combustible dusts, including NFPA 654: Standard for the Prevention of Fire and Dust Explosions from the Manufacturing, Processing, and Handling of Combustible Particulate Solids. For specific types of dust and industry processes, NFPA 61, NFPA 484, NFPA 655, and NFPA 664 are also included in the discussion, along with NFPA 68 and NFPA 69 on explosion protection and prevention measures referenced in the Guide.
- Photographs from a wide array of environments -- plus a 16-page full color insert
- Case studies explaining the lead-up and consequences of various types of dust events
- Flow charts, conversions, and equations
- Details on developing audit and analysis programs
Safeguard your employees and pass inspections.
Failure to analyze dust hazards and use the correct mitigation strategies puts companies at serious risk for fire and explosions -- along with insurance issues, failed inspections, and significant fines. Owners, operators, safety managers, inspectors, and insurers all need the facts presented in the 1st edition of the NFPA Guide to Combustible Dusts. (Hardbound, 368 pp., 2012)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|