NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, 2013 Edition
|Item # 7213|
Organizational and technical changes in the NFPA 72® 2013 edition clarify fire alarm and emergency communications system rules and improve usability.
Revised to incorporate the latest industry developments and technological advances, the new NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code is today's source for the installation, testing, and maintenance of fire alarm and emergency communications systems, including mass notification systems.
New Chapter 7 consolidates all documentation rules into one location.
Having everything in one place makes it easier for Code users to find what they need, and also helps AHJs know what's expected in terms of documentation requirements. The new chapter also establishes minimum required documentation to promote consistency across the country. Plus, forms have been revised so there's a shorter basic form for simpler systems, with additional forms to fill out for more complex jobs.
Other major Code changes include:
- Reorganized inspection table now includes new specific inspection methods
- Testing table merges two previous tables into one with both test methods and frequencies side by side for improved usability
- Revised supervising station transmission methods
- New requirements for audible and visible occupant notification
- Reorganization and update of record of completion and inspection, testing, and maintenance forms
- Revised requirements for emergency communications systems
Preserve public health, welfare, and safety with the 2013 NFPA 72.
As your industry moves ahead to respond to heightened risk awareness and changing societal dynamics, you can't afford to fall behind. Fire protection and other engineers, designers, installers and maintainers, electricians, AHJs, manufacturers, facilities operators, and anyone who works with fire alarm or emergency communications systems needs this latest Code edition to stay at the leading edge and advance safety. (Softbound, 351 pp., 2013)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|