At Our Age with Tom Bosley Video
|Item # VC104DVD|
The At Our Age with Tom Bosley Video introduces simple steps that can save lives!
Fire service professionals recognize the elevated risks faced by older adults, and NFPA®'s innovative video starring Tom Bosley helps you deliver solutions to the community. Now there's a way to teach seniors practical strategies for avoiding fires and falls -- leading causes of preventable injuries for seniors. "I'll bet you know someone who's had a fire at home or been injured in a fall. I do. Almost everyone our age does," says Bosley, an octogenarian himself. His engaging delivery makes it clear that a few basic precautions can reduce hazards and prevent injuries and fatalities.
Even a "minor" burn or fall can be life-threatening, which is why seniors need to:
- Stay fit and maintain good balance, so they can get up and out quickly in an emergency.
- Prevent fires with safe cooking techniques and be careful when smoking or using space heaters.
- Avoid falls by getting rid of clutter and extension cords, and installing handrails.
- Develop escape routes and plans that consider special medical conditions or circumstances.
- Maintain smoke alarms and all safety equipment.
- Make sure everyday hazards don't go unrecognized.
Candid interviews with seniors reveal the need for awareness and offer safety solutions. Use NFPA's At Our Age with Tom Bosley to educate seniors in your community, spark conversation, and promote action. (Adult, 17 min., Presenter's Guide)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|