Carbon Monoxide: Invisible Killer Video
|Item # VC100DVD|
Show NFPA®'s Carbon Monoxide: Invisible Killer Video in your community and help people protect against a deadly hazard!
Every year in the U.S., fire departments respond to more than 50,000 incidents of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, approximately 15,000 people are sent to hospital emergency rooms because of it, and more than 500 people die due to unintentional injuries involving CO. Make sure residents in your community understand the hazards -- and can recognize the warning signs -- with NFPA's Carbon Monoxide: Invisible Killer Video.
This all-new home safety video is filled with essential knowledge about CO dangers.
Filmed in the style of a TV 'how-to' program, this video uses live action scenes and thought-provoking commentary to deliver critical facts about carbon monoxide exposure -- and how to drastically reduce the risk of injury or death from exposure to this dangerous gas.
Viewers will learn:
- Potential sources of CO in the home and exactly how and why the gas is produced
- Warning signs of CO poisoning, including shortness of breath, dizziness, and flu-like symptoms
- Basic procedures for prevention, detection, and fast response to incidents of oxygen deprivation (anoxia) caused by the presence of CO
- How to correctly install and maintain the various types of CO equipment available to consumers
- What to do if the CO alarm sounds (immediately move to a fresh air location and call for help)
Carbon monoxide is invisible...odorless...colorless...and deadly!
Head off the invisible killer in your community by helping residents protect themselves. Show this compelling, fast-paced program in schools, at fire department open house events, and on local television presentations to spread the word about carbon monoxide hazards, and how easy it is to keep people safe. (Grade 6+, Family, 15 min.)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|