NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code®, Spanish, 2006 Edition
|Item # 10106E|
Groundbreaking new construction requirements in the Spanish edition of the 2006 NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code® revolutionize fire and life safety!
From sprinklers, alarms, and egress to emergency lighting, smoke barriers, and special hazard protection, today's Life Safety Code® is a major milestone in the fight against fire. Unique in the field, NFPA 101 is the only document that establishes a minimum threshold of safety in all new and existing buildings…plus contains a performance-based compliance option.
The 2006 Spanish edition incorporates the latest technologies, advances, and safety strategies to help you meet today's challenges and achieve higher levels of protection for building occupants.
This edition maximizes fire safety through new sprinkler mandates for:
- All new 1- and 2-family dwellings
- All nursing homes, both new and existing
- Existing nightclub assembly occupancies where occupant load exceeds 100 people
- New nightclub assembly occupancies regardless of occupant load
A new chapter on existing building rehabilitation provides greater flexibility to encourage adaptive reuse without sacrificing life safety.
In previous Code editions, modifications to existing buildings had to comply with provisions for new construction. The 2006 Life Safety Code's new Chapter 43 introduces specific requirements for repairs, renovations, reconstruction, additions, change of use or occupancy classification, and work on historic buildings.
Other significant changes affect:
- Health care occupancy suites
- Allowance of alcohol-based hand-rub solution dispensers in corridors of health care occupancies
- Smoke control systems in new malls
- Crowd managers in assembly occupancies
- Stair descent devices for people with disabilities
- Stair width in certain new buildings to improve counterflow between occupants and first responders
Don't work without today's facts. Order your 2006 Life Safety Code now! (428 pp., 2006 Spanish Edition)
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|