NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems, 2002 Edition
|Item # 1302|
Save lives! Get sprinkler installations right the first time with NFPA 13.
Sprinklers are an important element of any fire safety plan. The 2002 NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems provides the most comprehensive and current rules for automatic sprinkler system design and installation, including the character and adequacy of water supplies and the selection of sprinklers, piping, and valves.
This industry standard is your key to installing systems that increase fire protection and reduce injuries, deaths, and property loss. NFPA 13 brings you the facts about sprinkler protection in any occupancy:
- Extracts of sprinkler system requirements from more than 30 NFPA® codes and standards are conveniently located in Chapter 13: Special Occupancy Requirements
- Current concealed space provisions include up-to-date rules for sloped combustible concealed spaces.
- Added installation criteria meet the needs of special construction features including ceiling pockets, skylights, and stepped ceilings.
- Complete storage design requirements and approaches are consolidated into Chapter 12. Added design requirements for protecting storage with solid shelves are included.
- All applicable provisions for underground piping including materials, installation, and acceptance testing are presented in Chapter 10, which coordinates with NFPA 24: Standard for the Installation of Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances.
- Expanded tables for Early Suppression Fast Response (ESFR) sprinklers allow you to choose the storage and building height for any arrangement.
- A special section for designs involving specific hazards tells you exactly where to look for specialized requirements such as criteria for protecting plastic motor vehicle components.
From aircraft hangars to retail stores, NFPA 13 has the expert sprinkler installation guidance you need! (Softbound, 331 pp., 2002)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|