NFPA 1670: Standard on Operations and Training for Technical Search and Rescue Incidents, 2009 Edition
|Item # 167009|
Trust the 2009 NFPA 1670 for the latest safety guidelines for technical search and rescue operations.
NFPA 1670: Standard on Operations and Training for Technical Search and Rescue Incidents identifies and establishes levels of functional capability for conducting operations safely and effectively while minimizing threats to rescuers. It's intended to help the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) assess a technical search and rescue hazard within the response area, identify the level of operational capability, and establish operational criteria.
The 2009 edition of this document contains the following changes:
- The old Vehicle and Machinery Search and Rescue chapter has been split into two separate chapters
- New chapters were added on Cave Search and Rescue, Mine and Tunnel Search and Rescue, and Helicopter Search and Rescue.
- Annex G includes updated material on Search Assessment Marking System
- Annex H includes updates guidelines for initial response planning
- Clarification of the fact that while organizations may meet the requirements of NFPA 1670, individuals and their skills and qualifications are outside of the scope of this document. NFPA 1006 addresses rescue professional qualifications.
(Softbound, 94 pp., 2009)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|