NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Softbound, 1999 Edition
|Item # 7099SB|
Provide electrical safety and "meet Code" in your state or jurisdiction with the 1999 NFPA 70: National Electrical Code ® .
NFPA 70: NEC ® is the blueprint for electrical safety throughout the world. Requirements address every aspect of electrical design, installation, identification, and inspection to ensure protection of people and property from hazards. If the 1999 NEC is adopted in your state or jurisdiction, order your copy directly from NFPA, the NEC source.
The 1999 NEC introduces important advancements in electrical safety and usability.
To create this groundbreaking edition, NFPA's NEC Task Group on Usability reorganized articles and reviewed the Code from cover to cover. This is the first NEC edition to feature an easy-to-handle 8 1/2 x 11-inch size with more legible type and expanded tables. Important technical updates span many articles including:
- Article 240, Overcurrent Protection. Added information facilitates compliance for complex industrial installations.
- Article 250, Grounding and Bonding. Includes a cross-reference to the 1996 NEC section numbers.
- Article 310, Conductors for General Wiring. Incorporates notes to tables into the body of the Code.
- Article 505, Hazardous (Classified) Locations. Expanded for greater use in the U.S. and abroad.
- Article 640, Sound Systems. Updated for technology used in modern buildings and concert halls.
The 1999 National Electrical Code also introduces general guidelines for high voltage installations through its first-time Article 490. Also included is the first-time Article 830, with added NEC rules impacting telecommunications installations. Examples are found in Appendix D. (600 pp., 1999)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|