Electric Vehicle Emergency Field Guide, 2012 Edition
|Item # EVFG12|
Respond to electric and hybrid vehicle incidents involving damaged high voltage batteries, battery fires, submersion and charging stations with NFPA's full-color Electric Vehicle Emergency Field Guide, 2012 Edition. It's packed with color visuals and technical data reviewed by the auto manufacturers!
It is predicted that 13.9 million electrified vehicles will be on the world's roadways within 5 years. Damaged batteries, silent operation, and fires involving these types of vehicles pose the highest degree of potential danger to both response teams and vehicle occupants -- including toxic fumes, high voltage, and delayed fire hazards. Have the facts required to address hazards and handle challenges safely and effectively with NFPA's Electric Vehicle Emergency Field Guide.
Only the fire and life safety leader could pack so much detail about EV/hybrid hazard awareness and procedures into a single, easy-to-use resource.
Learn about everything from vehicle immobilization to disabling high-voltage and SRS systems, conducting safe extrication cuts, and executing vehicle recovery and disposal. The hands-on EV Emergency Field Guide covers:
- Disabling procedures and extrication hazards specific to individual makes and models -- checked by manufacturers for technical accuracy
- NFPA-developed procedural guidelines for fire response, extrication, submersion, spill hazards, and first aid
- Original manufacturer diagrams and images
- Leading-edge Lithium Ion vehicle safety information from third-party research such as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Fire Protection Research Foundation
- Post-incident recovery procedures
- Warning signs of latent fire risks
- Storage guidance
The Emergency Field Guide is updated as technology changes, so make sure you have the latest!
Compact, spiralbound, and organized for easy access to information, the Electric Vehicle Emergency Field Guide is essential for fire and rescue personnel, EMS technicians, law enforcement, and towing/recovery professionals. Stay safe and be prepared to respond -- order today. (Spiralbound, Approx. 145 pp., 2012 Volume 1)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|