International Building Code®, 2012 Edition
|Item # RES26612|
Increase protection and maintain your competitive edge with the latest requirements for the design and installation of building systems in the 2012 International Building Code®.
The comprehensive 2012 International Building Code provides the latest industry standards for structural and fire and life safety provisions. This code from the International Code Council (ICC) covers all buildings except detached one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories in height.
Founded on broad-based principles that make possible the use of new materials and new building designs, this one-stop resource includes time-tested safety concepts and requirements on the full range of building system topics, including means of egress, interior finish, roof provisions, seismic engineering innovative construction technology, occupancy classifications, and state-of-the-art material design.
Among the nonstructural changes in this fifth edition Code are:
- Clarified classifications for health-care related facilities
- Revised provisions to full address the construction of open malls
- Modified rules for exterior wall projections
- Increased capacity for stairways and other egress components in building with sprinklers and an emergency communication system
- Reformatted requirements for protection of vertical openings through floors
- Clarification of when unenclosed stairways can be used as part of the means of egress system, including how travel distance is measured
2012 structural changes include:
- Extensive revisions to wind design requirements
- Updated seismic ground motion maps
- The term ''occupancy category'' changed to ''risk category''
- Special inspection requirements for structural steel and masonry construction now based on referenced standards
- Special inspection required for penetration firestop and fire-resistant joint systems in high-rise buildings and in Risk Category III or IV structures
- Modifications to the seismic provisions of ACI 318 Appendix D
Order today to keep pace with today's regulations involving the design and installation of building systems. (Softbound, 722 pp., 2012)
|CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT|
|YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE|