Staff Liaison: Allan Fraser
The Building Code Development Committee (BCDC) is charged with:
- Identifying existing needs and emerging issues within the construction code enforcement community.
- Providing recommendations regarding how NFPA can provide leadership on needs and emerging issues affecting the construction codes enforcement community.
- Developing recommendations and position papers on emerging issues.
- Participating in the NFPA codes and standards development process to help ensure that NFPA's documents are technically sound, reasonable and enforceable.
- Providing recommendations on subjects relating to other NFPA program areas that impact building construction and construction codes enforcement community.
- Jim Muir (Chair), Chief Building Official, Building Safety, Clark County, WA (2001)
- Matt Bailey, Building Official, Construction Services, Lowell, AR (2013)
- Rick Breezee, Building Official, Metropolitan Airports Commission, Minneapolis, MN (2000)
- Sal DiCristina (Co-Chair), Construction Code Official, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ (2000)
- Mark Joiner, Administrator, Louisiana Uniform Construction Code Council, Baton Rouge, LA (2015)
- Robert Kelly, Manager, Department of Permitting Services, Montgomery County, MD (2015)
- Medard Kopczynski, CBO, City Manager, Keene, NH (2005)
- Jon Laux, Senior Inspector/Plans Examiner, Building Department, Twin Falls, ID (2015)
- Jim Sayers, Commercial Plans Examiner, Building Codes Division, Clackamas County, OR (2013)
- Steve Stokes, Chief Building Official, Building Department, Amador County, CA (2013)
- Brian Wert, President, Brian Wert Inspection Agency, Hudson, WS (2012)
- Jerry Wooldridge, Manager, Building and Safety, Reedy Creek Improvement District, Lake Buena Vista, FL (2012)
Next scheduled meeting:
- June 3, 2017, Boston, MA, Agenda
Previous meeting agendas and minutes:
- October 6-7, 2016, San Diego, CA, Agenda, Minutes
- July 8, 2016, Conference call, Minutes
- June 16, 2016, Conference call, Minutes
- May 24, 2016, Conference call, Minutes
- May 3-4, 2016, San Antonio, TX, Minutes
- March 8, 2016, Conference call, Minutes