The Building Fire Safety Systems Section shall be open to those NFPA members professionally involved in design, approval, manufacture, distribution, installation, maintenance, and certification of alarm, detection, suppression, security, and smoke control systems. The section shall also be open to users, owners, and those responsible for training on such systems. The purpose of the section shall be as follows:
- Promote fire safety in structures.
- Provide for the coordination of fire and life safety equipment and systems in buildings.
- Provide a forum for technology transfer on fire protection equipment.
- Provide a forum for education and training related to fire protection equipment.
- Provide for joint meetings on this type of equipment with other member Sections.
- Provide for enhanced communications among NFPA members.