NOTE: Membership in the Metro Section is limited to members of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and NFPA who are fire chiefs of cities or jurisdictions having a minimum staffing strength of 350 fully paid career firefighters. Membership status includes regular (active) members and past (retired) members.
Latest meeting minutes
Wingspread VI report
Download the Wingspread VI report (PDF) - Statements of National Significance to the United States Fire and Emergency Services
2016 Metro Chiefs Conference
Download presentations from the 2016 Metro Chiefs Conference in May.
Sharing knowledge through DHS Countering Violent Extremism and Active Shooter (CVE-AS) Web Portals
The threat posed by violent extremism is neither constrained by international borders nor limited to any single ideology. Additionally, the trends of Active Shooter individuals have grown more complex with numerous motivating factors. Groups and individuals inspired by a range of personal, religious, political, or other ideological beliefs have promoted and used violence. To counter violent extremism and prevent active shooter events, DHS is working with a broad range of government and civilian partners to gain a better understanding of the behaviors, tactics and other indicators that could point to potential violent and/or terrorist activity and the best ways to mitigate or prevent that activity. (e.g. ‘See Something, Say Something’ and ‘Run, Hide, Fight’)
One of the venues utilized by DHS to promote information and intelligence sharing on a broad range of topics is the joint DHS and FBI Countering Violent Extremism and Active Shooter (CVE-AS) web portals on DHS’s Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN). The CVE-AS portals provide a more user-friendly environment to promote information sharing and collaboration between Federal, State, Local, Territorial, Tribal, Private, civilian, and International entities working to counter the threat of violent extremists and help prevent active shooter incidents. The portals provide a well-organized listing of topics so users can quickly locate and access the information relevant to their interests.
Metro logo gear
To order your Metro Logo Gear, please follow the directions below:
- Set up an account on the Lands' End site at https://business.landsend.com.
- Hover over “My Account” at the top right side of the page.
- Click “Sign In”.
- Complete the information on the right side of the page for “New Customers”.
- Hover over "Hi, (your name) in the upper right corner, and then click on "My Logos".
- Click on "Associate a Logo to My Account" and enter the logo number 1423708 (without any letters) and customer number 3012907.
- Then, "Add to Library". The "add to library" step is necessary, because when you order for the first time, you will need to set up a user name and password for ordering security.
- You will then need to click on the Metro logo to add it to your information, as it is not automatically included.
- During the ordering process you will notice that you will have several options as to where you want the logo. However, because of the size of our logo, it can be placed only on the right-side chest or left-side chest.
- The remainder of the ordering process is self-explanatory.
You will be able to place orders using your own payment method. You can select the item(s) you want and have the Metro logo added. This applies to all clothing offered, including sale items. Each time you have the Metro logo added to an item, there will be an embroidered fee of $8.95. You may also order over the phone by calling Lands' End at 1-800-338-2000. If you call in your order, please provide the customer number (3012907) and logo number (1423708). Also, the first time you order you will need to share your “ship to” information and email address.
This new arrangement will offer a much superior service, as Lands' End has a wide variety of quality products for both men and women featuring an extensive choice of sizes, styles and colors. And, I’m very pleased to advise that Lands’ End has a Guaranteed Period®. If for any reason you’re not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it for a replacement or refund. Even after your logo has been added!
Resources for Section members