- Metro Executive Board Business meeting minutes (PDF, 59 KB) - April 28, 2015
- Metro General Business meeting minutes (PDF, 37 KB) - April 30-May 2
- Fire Service-Based EMS ... There's a New Tool Kit for Your Use, (PDF, 50 KB) by Chief Dennis Compton
- Download Fire Service Deployment: Assessing Community Vulnerability (PDF, 1 MB), a report on fire safety released by the Urban Fire Forum, an educational group representing metropolitan fire departments.
- Fire Service Deployment: Assessing Community Vulnerability (PDF, 2 MB) (2nd Edition High-Rise Implementation Guide)
- UFF Active Shooter Position Statement (PDF, 33 KB)
Get Metro logo gear from Lands' End
The Executive Board has approved Lands' End as the official Metro Wear Vendor. To order your Metro logo gear, please follow the directions below:
- Set up an account on the Lands' End site at https://business.landsend.com.
- Hover over “My Account” at the top right side of the page.
- Click “Sign In”.
- Complete the information on the right side of the page for “New Customers”.
- Hover over "Hi, (your name) in the upper right corner, and then click on "My Logos".
- Click on "Associate a Logo to My Account" and enter the logo number 1423708 (without any letters) and customer number 3012907.
- Then, "Add to Library". The "add to library" step is necessary, because when you order for the first time, you will need to set up a user name and password for ordering security.
- You will then need to click on the Metro logo to add it to your information, as it is not automatically included.
- During the ordering process you will notice that you will have several options as to where you want the logo. However, because of the size of our logo, it can be placed only on the right-side chest or left-side chest.
- The remainder of the ordering process is self-explanatory.
You will be able to place orders using your own payment method. You can select the item(s) you want and have the Metro logo added. This applies to all clothing offered, including sale items. Each time you have the Metro logo added to an item, there will be an embroidered fee of $8.95. You may also order over the phone by calling Lands' End at +1 800 338-2000. If you call in your order, please provide the customer number (3012907) and logo number (1423708). Also, the first time you order you will need to share your “ship to” information and email address.
This new arrangement will offer a much superior service, as Lands' End has a wide variety of quality products for both men and women featuring an extensive choice of sizes, styles and colors. And, Lands’ End has a Guaranteed Period®. If for any reason you’re not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it for a replacement or refund. Even after your logo has been added!
2015 Metro Fire Chiefs Conference
- Firefighting and Occupational Cancer (PDF, 1.8 MB), Alex Forrest
- Ground Emergency Medical Transport Supplemental Reimbursement (PDF, 626 KB), A.P. Triton LLC
- CEO Confidante: The Inner Game of the Leader (PDF, 1 MB), Kelly Walsh, M.Ed.
- Career Survival: Protecting Those Who Protect Our Communities (PDF, 1.7 MB), Chief Brian Cummings
- 2014 Ebola Virus Disease in Dallas: The Dallas Fire-Rescue Experience (PDF, 4.4 MB), Chief Louie Bright, III
- Facts and Figures a Fire Chief Should Know (PDF, 444 KB), "Shorty" Bryson
- IAFC Update (PDF, 2.3 MB), Fire Chief Keith Bryant
- What Do We Think of When We Say Health and the WFI (PDF, 4.6 MB), Luis Rivera, Jason Mims and Kyle Ebersole
- Metro Chiefs (PDF, 5.3 MB), Jim Pauley
- United States Fire Administration Update (PDF, 10 MB), Ernest Mitchell, Jr.
- Southern Nevada Fire Operations Hostile MCI Response Policy (PDF, 1 MB)
- Firefighter Youth Academy (PDF, 54 MB), Battalion Chief Byron Berhel
- FirstNet Overview (PDF, 6 MB), Jeff Johnson
- UL Update - Research WITH the Fire Service to Improve Firefighter Safety and Effectiveness (PDF, 7 MB)
- NFPA 1710 (PDF, 4.8 MB)
- At the Crossroads (PDF, 1.2 MB), Peter Dartford
- Road to Mental Readiness (PDF, 562 KB), Calgary Fire Department
- Fire Service Deployment: Assessing Community Vulnerability (PDF, 343 KB), Fire CARES Project
- Firefighter Safety and Deployment Study: Assessing Vulnerability (PDF, 68 MB), FireCARES Project
- Utilizing Research Opportunities to Support Executive Level Decision-Making (PDF, 3 MB), Dr. Lori Moore-Merrell and Chief Dennis Compton
2014 Metro Fire Chiefs Conference
- 18 Minutes (PPT, 2 MB), Chief J. Robert Brown, Jr., (Ret.), EFO, CFO
- Clark County, Southern Nevada (PPT, 1.3 MB), Fire Chief Bertral Washington and Fire Chief Willie McDonald
- Multiphase Study on Firefighter Safety and the Deployment of Resources (PPT, 9 MB)
- The Second Firefighter Life Safety Summit: TAMPA 2 (PDF, 5 MB), Chief Ronald J. Siarnicki
- Presumptive Cancer Legislation (PDF, 2 MB), Fire Chief Ken G. Block
- IAFC/IAFF Labor-Management Initiative (PDF, 633 KB), Adam K. Thiel
- Joint Counterterrorism Assessment Team (PPT, 1.5 MB)
- Meta-Leadership in the Fire Service (PDF, 1.8 MB), Darryl E. Jones PhD, EFO, CFO
- IAFC Update (PPT, 746 KB), Chief Bill Metcalf and Mark W. Light, CAE
- United States Fire Administration - Fortified by History to Meet the Needs of Today (PPT, 4.8 MB), Ernest Mitchell, Jr.
- Active Shooter Response (PPT, 5 MB), Chief Jim Schwartz
- FirstNet Update (PPT, 4.7 MB), Vicki Lee
- NFPA 1710 (PPT, 6 MB)
- Fire Ground Risk Assessment and Decision Making (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Robotic Aircraft for Public Safety (RAPS) Overview (PPT, 7 MB), Kirk Kloeppel
- Detroit Fire Department (PPT, 4 MB), Donald R. Austin, Retired
- Traditional Fire Department Values Can Set the Stage for Change (PPT, 12 MB), Chief Dennis Compton
- UK Fire Service Update (PPT, 3 MB), Paul M. Fuller QFSM
Resources for Section members