Story ideas and topics of interest to the media
Seasonal story topics
- Fire Sprinkler Initiative: The initiative will include a variety of proven, effective ways that home fire sprinkler advocates can communicate the impact of sprinklers.
- Fire Prevention Week: NFPA has been the official sponsor of Fire Prevention Week since 1922.
- Firewise: NFPA's Firewise Communities program, co-sponsored by the USDA Forest Service, the US Department of the Interior, and the National Association of State Foresters, teaches people how to adapt to living with wildfire and encourages neighbors to work together and take action now to prevent losses.
- Coalition for Fire-Safe Cigarettes: The Coalition, coordinated by NFPA, works to save lives and prevent injuries and devastation from cigarette-ignited fires.
Statistics and reports
NFPA offers a wide range of fire reports; please contact NFPA's Public Affairs office to obtain access to any password-protected content.
Codes and Standards
NFPA codes and standards help save lives and protect property around the world. NFPA offers free access to all of its codes and standards. The documents of most interest to the media include:
- NFPA 1, Uniform Fire CodeTM
- NFPA 13, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- NFPA 70, National Electrical Code®
- NFPA 70E, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code®
- NFPA 1600, Standard on Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs
- NFPA 1710, Standard for the Organization and Deployment of Fire Suppression Operations, Emergency Medical Operations, and Special Operations to the Public by Career Fire Departments
- NFPA 1720, Standard for the Organization and Deployment of Fire Suppression Operations, Emergency Medical Operations and Special Operations to the Public by Volunteer Fire Departments
- NFPA Journal ® is NFPA's official membership magazine and covers major fire protection and suppression topics.